The most important property of software developers is their knowledge. The source code of Android apps can easily be recovered from a apk file. This is fundamentally different from platforms like iOS. Code obfuscation is common on Android, but doesn’t solve the real problem.
ClassGuard for Android is a tool to prevent dex decompiling. Your dex archive is encrypted using a 128Bit AES encryption. The AES key is generated randomly every time you start the encryption tool. The dex file is decrypted transparently by a custom bootstrap activity. The main part of this bootstraper is written in C++ using the Android NDK to prevent decompiling and other tampering.
The eval version of ClassGuard for Android supports Android > 4.4 (Kitkat). Android Studio currently is supported for versions > 4.1 (August 2020).
All apps encrypted with this version version will expire after 30 days.
- Download and unzip the ClassGuard for Android Demo Project
- Open the demo project using Android Studio
- Modify and build the demo project within the Android Studio UI
- Use gradlew assembleRelease to build the demo project from the command line
- Read our documentation to integrate ClassGuard for Android into your own apps
- Contact our support for questions or feedback